Used ZHP?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Eagle3Fan, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Eagle3Fan

Eagle3Fan LawnSite Member

I've been shopping for a ZTR to mow my two acre yard. I'd just about decided on a Exmark ZCT but I was talking to another Exmark dealer and he told me he had a customer with a 2002 ZHP he's selling. Its a 44" with 17 Kaw. The machine has about 400 hours on it. The motor has about 20 hours on it because someone ran it without oil. The dealer tells me they do all the service and machine is in excellent shape. They are going to clean it up and service it the owner to sell. He's asking $3500. Should I have any concerns? I haven't looked at it yet, but 400 hours doesn't seem like much on the machine and it has a new 17 Kaw on it. Note: I trust this dealer. The owner is the brother of a co-worker.

Some advice from the experts would be appreciated. I can get a new ZCT 48" cut for $5000 + tax or I can get this used 44" ZHP for around $3500 with no taxes if I buy from an individual. What do you guys think?

Greg

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Eagle3fan,

If you asking me it sounds like a good deal, but only if the dealer gives it the okay. This wouldn't be the first engine go fail at 400 hours but it doesnt' happen very often. Realistically the mower generally has a lot more life in it than the engine anyway so you should be in good shape.

Thanks

Terry