Used ZTR

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DAPSJH, Aug 26, 2005.

1. DAPSJH

DAPSJH LawnSite Member

Just wanted everyones advice on one. I am fairly new to doing this on my own. When I was younger I used to be payed as contract labor to do lawn care so the equipment was never my responsibility. I only have a few yards I am doing right now (the place I work, and a few family friends) and it is fine to do them with my 36" Yazoo walk behind that I bought used, but a guy I know that does lawn and landscaping work full time told me he would sell me his Exmark 61" ZTR for $3500. It has the 23 hp Kohler engine w/ 1842 hours on it. The mower is 4 years old, and has been taken care of. I just wanted to know what you thought it was worth. I don't want to buy something that breaks all the time and to where its costing me as much to keep it going as it would to be making a payment on a new mower. Do you think I would be better off to just keep saving until I "need" a bigger mower or would this be a deal? I was looking on E-bay and there is a guy with a Great Dane Super Surfer 52" w/ less than 400 hrs for 2900. If this stuff is out there all the time for this kind of money I think I would rather wait. Thanks in advance.

Stevan