Used ZTRs!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kut Kidd, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Kut Kidd

Kut Kidd LawnSite Member

Hello,
    I'm new to this great site and have spent two days reading post while at work. I have 36" Lesco which I'm using to cut 2 acres, this year I'm hoping I can get a ZTR. I read the great posts on which one to buy and am leaning toward a Lexmark, because I have seen it's work and they are popular around the DC Metro area. I would like to buy one used and hope to get good service as my Lesco has given me, besides Ebay, what are some good sites to use to buy one. I'm willing to drive about 200 miles to get one if it's a good deal.

2. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Don't you mean Exmark? As far a internet sites to buy one I don't think there are a lot. If you want used I would talk to the local Exmark dealer. They usually are aware of and can get used mowers. Also keep an eye on the classified ads for the largest communities or cities in your area.

3. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

You can check this site, also try craigs list.

4. Kut Kidd

Kut Kidd LawnSite Member

OK, thanks, I didn't know the dealer would sell me a used one, the dealer I have been to doesn't seem like he wants to intertain that thought. I will look on Craigs list also.

5. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

They make commission selling you a new mower I go through this all the time at dealers .
    Be wise, don't by their B.S. they make a profit on the used ones, they just make more, selling new