user friendly walk behind???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by THEoneandonlyLawnRanger, Aug 22, 2006.

1. THEoneandonlyLawnRanger

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger LawnSite Senior Member

My really like my JD HD75 walkbehind except for the controls, my hands arent that big and when i open up the speed control it pushes my levers so far down i can barely grab them with my finger tips, its hell on my hands and 3-4 hours workin it leaves my hands tingling for a day or 2, What walk behinds do you think are the most "user friendly" as in how comfortable they are to operate, I've heard of some having Pistol grips that are comfortable?

2. Itzkcatz

Itzkcatz LawnSite Member
    from CT

Exmark turf tracer with ecs controls, get a 60 inch with a 23 horse kohler, i love mine

3. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

4. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark ECS for sure. I always wear gloves too.

5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Hustler h-bar controls

6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

After years of numb pistol grip hands, I switched to a Toro T-bar, what a relief.

7. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I forgot about the t-bar. I have one and they're really easy on the hands. Although, doing a true zero-turn is a little tough because pulling back on one side and pushing forward on the other is hard while the handle bars are swinging around. They are comfortable, though.

8. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

ecs is the way to go.

how do you lift the frontend on the h-bar system?

9. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

ECS. Used my dads friend's 48" Viking, piece of cake and felt MUCH better then pistols.

10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

T bar gets my vote also

wayne