uses more gas

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by exmark72, Oct 16, 2005.

1. exmark72

exmark72 LawnSite Member

i recently put gator mulching blades on my exmark 52" lazer z, and it seens to be using more gas then usual is this normal?

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Probably.....

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

leave the tailgate down

4. exmark72

exmark72 LawnSite Member

turf. what r u talking bout

5. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I have Gator Mulching Blades on all of my mowers and i've never noticed a increase in fuel comsumption. All mowers seem to use the same amount of fuel with a regular blade versus a mulching blade.

Now if you were mulching wet grass and it started bogging down your machine then I could see why your mower would be using more fuel but otherwise it just doesn't make sense that a mulching blade would make a noticable difference in fuel consumption.

6. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Just kidding around,back to the question mabye it will use more fuel we run high lifts.

7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I could see it using a little more gas because... more grass would be staying under the deck, getting chopped up by the gators, instead of just spitting it out like high lifts.

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

How much more? is it noticable from lawn to lawn of only at the end of the day?

9. exmark72

exmark72 LawnSite Member

older. its from lawn to lawn. maybe i need to clean the air filter or something.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That could be. Could it also be that they are the heavier and/or wider blades, as well?