Using a GPS to Calculate What You’re Cutting?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric D, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Eric D

Eric D LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, I understand that this might be a little over the top, but I’m a little bit of a gadget geek.:dizzy: I had fun the other day mounting my Garmin GPSmap 76S to my zMaster. Not only does it give me speed, I also get the area I cut, times and a printout of the cut pattern. I’m not sure any of this could be useful, but for me I learned that the true top speed of my unit is 9.5 mph. It took me little over an hour to cut 1.9 acres. I’ve attached a copy of the cutting track.

Eric D

Front Yard GPS.jpg
  2. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

Thats awesome, we are going to but gps tracking on some of our trucks later this year. I am a high tech redneck as well. You could use tha to prove that you were there, send them a copy of it with the bill.
  3. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Gravely offers that option with their Eye-Q electronics package, which also does other things as well. I can see where this would/could be very useful information for someone with multiple crews. For solo operators, like myself, it might be more fun than useful, but I wish my mower had one. :)
  4. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a gyrotrac operating company here that I get small bush-hogging jobs from that uses gps navigation to do all their jobs. He can hit 100 acres of land, and clear what they want to within 6 inches