Using a gravely belt drive with proslide xt

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by daveyo, Jun 8, 2005.

1. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

I've read a lot about the proslide xt on this site and else where. My question is will I have a problem running the xt on a 48" gravely walkbehind beltdrive with pro steer. It has a 15 hp kawi, I'm pretty desperate for something, I have to be walking many miles a day. Thanks for the responses.

O'Donnell Landscaping
  2. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope.....same setup, sans prosteer and it works fine. :)

3. mathproshs

mathproshs LawnSite Member

I have an original proslide that I am interested in selling. It has been used maybe 5 times at the most since I went out and purchased a ztr. Let me know if you are interested. Ran it on a cub 48" with a 15 horse kawi.
  4. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

What is the difference between the original and the XT? I'm interested in one myself.

I don't think your 15hp kawi will have a problem with one either, I have a belt drive 15hp kawi and I can't see it having trouble with one.
  5. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe the biggest improvements are added shocks and a thicker wear plate. I have the original and have had no issues with performance/wear at all. They made a great product even better!! :)
  6. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

Thanks a lot for the info, I am interested in your proslide mathproshs. I spent a lot of money on equipment this year and wouldn't mind getting the older version. You can email me at, we'll work something out. Again, thanks for the feedback.

O'Donnell Landscaping
  7. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

If the most venerable 12.5 Kawi can pull for decade, I don't see why 15 v twin can't? Kawi engine is not a wimp, it is truely workhorse if you really take cares of it, try to keep carb clean and fuel fresh. Try to use Amsoil 10/30 turbo formulated on Kawi, I use on both 12.5 and 17 V-twin, they turn monsters truely.
  8. mphillips4739

mphillips4739 LawnSite Member

You shouldn't have any problem with the motor, but you need to keep an eye on the transmission. The extra weight of you can really wear them out.