1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Using a Lamborghini to advertise?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dc33, Mar 9, 2013.

1. dc33

dc33 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Did I catch your attention? Good thats the idea ;)

I have "access" to a Lamborghini and think Im gonna give it a whirl to see what kind of calls I can generate from the attention it grabs on its own. What better advertising to catch peoples attention then people WANTING to look at it eh?
    Figure Ill get some signs to go in its windows and park it in selective areas that draw crowds, especially upscale areas.

I have thought about this many ways and can see some positives from this, aswell as negatives that could come from this sort of advertising. Do you think this would draw positive results or more negative results in the upscale areas?

2. I would be more worried it getting stolen
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. jschultznorth

jschultznorth LawnSite Member

if you explained that it was a promotional thing I think it would be a good thing. But if I saw a lambo drive by with a lawn service sticker on the side I might assume the company is a front for other illegal activities or that you must be getting a heck of a better deal than your customers. just my .02

4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I don't necessarily see anything positive coming out of that. Why not get a nice 5 year old F250 and letter it up?

5. garciajj612

garciajj612 LawnSite Member

I think it's going to get a lot of attention from kids. I don't think the parents will actually stop and look at the car

6. show-n-go

show-n-go LawnSite Member

You will get some good and some bad. if you roll the status of the car in with your company then it might just work. Something like we are the lambo of lawn care, something along those lines doesn't say im making way to much money.. Afterall a lambo is the king of cars right? Most people will never even get to sit in or drive one.

7. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  8. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

It tells me you're an overpriced showoff?

This reminds me of when the agricultural equipment tax loophole, aka The Hummer Loophole, was opened and everyone from carpenters to gutter repair guys to landscapers were buying Hummers and slapping a tiny business sign on their vehicle. A.) it looked ridiculous B.) it made me immediately think they charge too much

9. dc33

dc33 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

you guys are bringing up some of the same concerns Ive thought of doing this.
    So far in my limited experience with it it has been good, pulling up to million dollar plus homes and giving a quote. To these people it left the impression of Im doing very well and running a very successful company. It would only be in these areas I would look to use the car for advertising.
    I operate a good portion of my business in the wealthiest county in Indiana, and in alot of the high end neighborhoods. For the more normal areas and cookie cutter homes I obviously would stay away from this tatic as it screams "over priced", but in highly sucessful areas in my limited experience it tell the clients I know what Im doing and I do it very well.
    For example, the average person in Indiana earns about 36k a year, the average household income is like 44k. In this county its about 117k, and thats including all the people in apartments and cookie cutter homes. The average home in Indiana is about 130k, the areas I would deploy this tatic is 500k++++

In the end, what I think doesnt matter, its what others think and how others see me, so please keep your thoughts coming, as mine dont mean squat at the end of the day :)

10. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Not trying to be an ass but this idea is just gimmicky and tacky. One word that comes to mind is "poser". You are trying to put yourself on the level of your wealthy customers and you obviously are not.

There is nothing wrong with portraying the image of a professional and successful company but driving a Lambo to promote lawn care is just ridiculous IMO. If you pulled up to my house driving a Lambo with lawn care logos on the side, I wouldn't even get to the point of considering your service as cheap or expensive because I would be too busy---> :laugh: