Using a Lamborghini to advertise?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dc33, Mar 9, 2013.

1. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

You can fly to vegas and rent 2013 lambos for $600 for 4 hours for 100 miles. I highly recommend it once in a lifetime thing. We drove out to hoover dam. They had ferraris and other cars too all new stuff. We went over miles amd ended up keeping over nite, but dude hooked me up when it was bill time...
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

So how do you have access to a lambo? Is it yours? It is your Dads? Are you renting it?

Personally, I would not be 'that guy' that pulls into a Mcdonalds and take a cell phone pics of a lambo. Neither would most adults. Teenagers just starting out driving might though, but they are only 16.

I see high end cars all the time in ATL and don't even blink an eye. Now if someone let me test drive it for an hour, I might read your flyer or at least look at it and then forget about it

3. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Yea when I was stationed in Germany it was nothing to see all kind of high end cars on a daily bases, it was even funner to see them running down the autobahn pushing 200mph, just when you THOUGHT you were going fast in a vette at 175 here comes a porsche by you at over 200.

4. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Personally I'd change my company name to "Lawnborghini Lawncare", buy a 1993 LM002 as a tow rig, and a new Veneno as my quote vehicle....but that's just how I roll ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
  5. JeffH1

JeffH1 LawnSite Member

I don't think it will be any advantage to you or your business. The car is going to draw attention, not the business. Nobody is going to change to or hire a lawn company just because they are advertising on a Lambo.

Me personally, I'm more of an Italian sports car fan. Maserati, Ferrari > Lamborghini, Porsche. JMO.

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Even though the company's ownership has been passed around to pretty much every country on earth, Lamborghini is also Italian.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

Now thats a good plan!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. ALC LANDSCAPING

ALC LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

The last impression you want to make with a customer is your able to afford a lambo. I never let my customers know I have a boat or a car collection, people nowadays are looking for affordability and a deal. If the people I do work for knew I could afford more then them they probably won't hire me. Im not saying there way of thinking is right but thats how it is here.

9. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Yea, using a Lamborghini as your schtick seems really...How should I say...Duochebaggy.

When you portray an image like the one you will with a Lambo, people don't take you seriously as a lawncare professional. It says that your priorities and focus are on things other than your business.

This is the exact reason I don't have flashy rims or an aftermarket exhaust on my diesel truck...I also don't drive up to a Friday client meeting with my offshore boat behind my truck because I'm on my way to the bayhouse after work. I just go back to my house and pick it up after the meeting. Never let your clients see that you have nicer things than they do. It makes people jealous, suspicious, and It sends the wrong message.

It will make them almost immediately not like you...

10. ALC LANDSCAPING

ALC LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

I dont even go as far as over dress.