1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

using a salesman

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kyles landscape, Nov 1, 2012.

1. kyles landscape

kyles landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Any of the smaller companies hire someone to go out and get the work for you? Or help add onto what your getting?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Yea! It's called Angies list.

3. kyles landscape

I have no clue what that is? Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. cpllawncare

Hmm do some research then!

5. The Grounds Crew

The Grounds Crew LawnSite Member

We hire an outside salesman that is on salary plus commission.
    It works great and saves me lot's of time. He gets the leads, sends a proposal, and follows up on the leads. He gets a commission for every lead he obtains and his base salary.

6. kyles landscape

whats his base salary around if i may ask? and about how much does he bring you work wise? and does he do the bidding for you or just get you the info you need to go bid it?

7. cpllawncare

And what happens when the lead cancels? or moves away and you lose the account? or has a life event and cancels IE: loses his job

8. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Subscribed, I'm wanting to impliment a part time salesperson in the next few years. I think someone working in real estate would fit well as part time commision only help. Bring me the lead, I put the bid together and they go back and sell it.

9. brandharro

brandharro LawnSite Member

Hmm do some research then!

10. kyles landscape

thats a risk u gotta take thats why u dont invest everything in one person or one account you get some accounts yourself he gets some maybe another saleman gets a few. cant be a 1 hit woonder you need balance