using a salesman

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kyles landscape, Nov 1, 2012.

1. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

Its a total hassle, but its one less thing that the property managers have to deal with so they make us deal with Compliance depot. The larger management companies will ask you to join.

So you are from Washington? One of my clients has a couple apartment complexes in Seattle

2. The Grounds Crew

The Grounds Crew LawnSite Member

I live in Bellevue/Seattle Washington. Where do you live? I'd be interested to know if those apartment complexes are going up for bid.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. SRT8

from CA

I'm from Northern CA.

They normally don't go out to bid unless they are unhappy. I can ask though.

4. kyles landscape

kyles landscape LawnSite Senior Member

i have 1 million now think that would be okay for smaller commercial places or industrail spots? not tryin to get too many yet like you said start small and work my way up the ladder

5. SRT8

from CA

We do some really small spots that still require $2mil.
    But hey if you can get away with $1mil stick with it until you are required to get more.

6. kyles landscape

ya thats what im hopin for i guess doesnt hurt to try. mainly just tryin to save up and get some more knowledge along with building my aresenal of equipment

7. SRT8

from CA

That's the way to do it. Landing a big contract and not having the equipment can be a big problem.

8. kyles landscape

sometimes i feel like if i have the equipment before the work i can go out and find it easier rather then get the work then the equipment as needed. i know thats backwards but i feel less confident if i dont

9. SRT8

from CA

That's how I do it, people might say its wrong but hey it works for me. I always have a 36" mower on hand and ready to go before I have the work for it. If I find a good deal on Craigslist i'll buy it because I know I will have the work for it eventually.

10. kyles landscape

yep plus u never know when something willl go wrong or maybe u need a part. i blew a motor on my 36 last week if i didnt have another i would have been screwed