1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Using a sulky with a Metro...

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jajwrigh, Feb 6, 2004.

1. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I have a 36" Metro with the 12.5hp kaw and I was pondering a sulky. Is this mower designed to handle the extra workload? I am 225lbs...just something to take into consideration. Thanks in advance!
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Thanks for the post. A hydro will pull a sulky much better than any gear drive walk behind. Will the Metro do the job? The simple answer is yes. You must realize however that by adding a riding attachment is just like adding a trailer behind your truck. The objects being towed will increase the load on the drive line components and potentially cause a higher rate of wear. Keep an eye on your belts to make sure they stay in adjustment and replace them if they become cracked and most important "clutch" the drive levers when shifting gears. "Shifting on the go" with out clutching the drive levers will cause the shift keys in the transmission to wear prematurely requiring replacement.