Using backpack sprayer to put spray Stonewall??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dmar62, Feb 26, 2013.

1. dmar62

dmar62 LawnSite Member

Does anyone use a backpack sprayer to spray Stonewall, or does it take a 200 gallon tank?

2. jgrs7

jgrs7 LawnSite Member

I mean I guess you could but it would take forever to do a whole yard with a back pack sprayer. the labor would kill you. where it could take you an hour to spray a yard it would take me with a skid 10 minutes.

3. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

That's all I use right now. You probably won't want to do anything over 20,000 sq ft with a back pack. I'm sure others would say under 10,000. But it is what it is.

4. dmar62

dmar62 LawnSite Member

I was asking because I went to JDL and was told you cant really spray it with a backpack. That didn't seem right to me.

5. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

Could be they said that because it may need to be agitated and some backpacks don't have an agitator so the product may sink to the bottom of the tank and not get proper coverage.

6. dmar62

dmar62 LawnSite Member

have anyone used it in a bottle that attaches to a water hose.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

if you dont have the right set up to spray it why not just buy granular?

8. dmar62

dmar62 LawnSite Member

because i like the spray for weed post emerg weed control, plus its cheaper.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

stonewall is a pre not a post.. i know its cheaper i use barricade liquid bc its cheaper and easier for me to spray out but i have a z spray jr but if i didnt i'd use the granular and just pass the price on to the customer...

10. jgrs7

jgrs7 LawnSite Member

do you have your applicator license?
    Def use granular if you don't have a tank sprayer or z spray. you will look unprofessional and what ever money you would save on liquid you will use on your labor.