1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Using blower to blow leaves off trees

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Darryl G, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, now I think i've seen it all. While I was going a leaf cleanup yesterday the next door neighbor was out blowing his leaves. There is a Norway Maple near the property line which is still holding some leaves. Well, I guess he just didn't want to wait for them because he started blowing them off with his backpack blower, lol. I was waiting to see if he was going to get a ladder to get the ones he couldn't reach from the ground. :hammerhead:

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I do it when I'm on my roof blowing leaves out of my gutters.

We have a maple that overhangs the house a bit. Will clog gutters this time of year, and if we get a torrential downpour, and gutters are clogged, we get a wet basement.

When I'm up there, I blow out the gutters, and while I'm up there I blow out and up at the tree to dislodge any that are close to dropping. Same thing in the Spring with the helicopters! Don't laugh, it does work!

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

OK, guess it's not that off the wall then. It's not something that's ever occurred to me to do. Do you pick the ones that won't blow off? lol

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

My elderly neighbor's wife used to shop vac their river rock beds a few times a year.

Can't say I've ever seen anybody blowing trees off though. I would like to see it.

5. djlunchbox

djlunchbox LawnSite Member

we tend to "help mother nature along" if they are loose... hehe.

i hate coming back around to the clean side of the house and see a mess where i just blew.

6. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

I have actually "thought" about doing this to a stubborn maple in my yard...:rolleyes:

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

You should see what happens when you put a Redmax Eb8000 and a Stihl Br600 together and blow up the tree!
    The leaves have to be ready but that draft up its skirt can skin a tree in a minute. The only problem is you get all the leaves falling on your head. I guess I need a third helper with a blower.

8. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

It's very common...when your there to do a cleanup and they are falling right behind you, it's a no brainer.

9. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah i just get the girls to Pick the leaves off my trees!
    [​IMG]

10. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Now thats a nice trunk on that maple:)