Using blower to blow leaves off trees

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Darryl G, Nov 16, 2010.

1. 1198

1198 LawnSite Member

daaaammmmmnnnnnn

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have never seen a tree with the "crotch" pointing at the ground but I like it.

3. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

We do it all the time to small trees that didn't drop yet. Works great for small jap maples that are a little late this year.

4. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

i was going to say the same thing. Japanese maples and young ornamentals het the blower tube on occasion from me. Only if on my last round though and if they are still holding on for dear life.

5. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Im sorry for distracting everyone! lol i had to post that pic!

But what do u guys do when there is like 2 small trees that the leaves havent fallen from yet And you do the fall clean up anyway?

Do you go back a week later and get all the other leaves?

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

The more times I perform a cleanup = more money. I'd do a cleanup every day if I could get away with it. :laugh:

Ornamental pears around here don't lose their leaves sometimes until December. That means I get to come back in December.

7. rockycrab

rockycrab LawnSite Member
    from oregon

Yep we blow the leaves off small trees as well. Also shake them loose works also.
    Probably does not make much difference overall to the total hours of leaf pickup. Almost all of our leafpickup hours are incontract about 2000 hours this year. On top of that we will get a few out of contract cleanups on other properties were the other service provider is not keeping up or sometimes non-maintained properties as well.

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Small trees I can see. But a mature Norway Maple? Acutally I drove by today and he must have gotten a ladder because they're all off now, lol.

9. we just climb the tree's and shake the limbs.

10. WillsLandscape

WillsLandscape LawnSite Member

I've seen both of the most random things, a woman blowing her tree in the middle of summer, with still green leaves. And my weird neighbor has actually pressure washed his tree. :confused: