Using Corsair and Seeding?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by mlong30, Aug 29, 2007.

1. mlong30

mlong30 LawnSite Member

Hi All,

Fall officially begins on Sept 22nd here in Indiana. It’s been extremely hot this summer, but last week we had some good rain finally. I’m now starting to see my yard wake up, as well as weeds starting to grow. I was told by my Lesco dealer that if I use Corsair on my yard this weekend I would have to wait 21 days before I can re-seed my yard for the fall.

Would this be enough time for the seeds to germinate, since winter officially starts on Dec 21st here in Indiana?

I'm planning on purchasing Lesco Sunny KBG 50lb bag grass seeds.

I was told that a 20oz bottle will cover one acre, and I have a SP2 4 gallon sprayer, I just purchased last week.

What is the best way to mix Corsair with water (inside the sprayer or outside and pour into the sprayer)?

I’m curious to hear from others who have used the product, and how they got it to work best for them.

Thanks.

2. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

mlong30 did you ever get any help? If you haven't seeded with your KBG by the end of August, I'd hang it up on a nail on your garage wall until next spring! As far as Corsair goes, just read the label. You may have time to still use this product this year if you haven't already. I've used an identical RTU product Lesco USED to sell in blister packs years ago called 'TFC', and I know that if growing conditions weren't good (drought, excessive heat) the product didn't work worth a squat. (But that's true for Roundup and many others, too) Good luck!

3. mlong30

mlong30 LawnSite Member

Thanks for replying back! I did put some seeds down by end of Sept, they have germinated, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to cut the new grass before the hard winter hits. If not its still okay. I know what needs to done, and will just improve on it, in the spring.

What time in the spring should I start to arerate, and plants new seeds?