Using empoyees around the house

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tom-N-Texas, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Tom-N-Texas

Tom-N-Texas LawnSite Senior Member

To me one of the greatest perks about this business is I get to use my employees (Mexicanos) to do darn near everything around my house for next to nothing (relatively). Does anyone else take advantage of this wonderful opportunity? It's almost like having your own personal concierge. Here's just a partial list of things they do for me:

Mow the yard, clean beds, trimming etc
    Clean out garage
    wash cars
    put up Christmas lights
    change oil in all vehicles
    move all furniture and belongings to new house
    put together gas grill, furniture, kid's playground
    plant, maintain vegetable garden
    put up basketball goal
    re-surface garage floor
    put up fence
    install new attic floor

the list goes on and on. How do "normal" people have time to do all this stuff? I'd be screwed without them.

(By the way, I pay my guys well, so don't be feeling sorry for them. They've been working for me for many years and are quite happy.)

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

3. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I boink the secretary(Italian), and sometimes she cooks me breakfast. :cool2:

4. Mine refuse to do the laundry.

5. LawnMowerBoy48

LawnMowerBoy48 LawnSite Member

When it rained for a few days this past summer my boss had us remove the cement floor in his basement with sledgehammers and five gallon buckets.

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i also use mine here at my house. i am remodeling an 1850's home, and they come in great for hualing off and cleaning up after a weekend of demo work.

7. Gmgbo

Gmgbo LawnSite Senior Member

Im surprised someone hasnt complained yet about how having mexicans work ruins the lives of all Americans. :cool2: I wish I had some to work for me. :waving:

8. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Remodeled my entire home this year with mi amigo. Poor guy was probably planning to drink coffee, lounge around the house all day and starve. He hasn't had a weekday off since he started working for me 11 months ago. At least he ain't starving.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

9. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

My guy' are great whenever i'm slow Im do the same thing take them to the house and go nut's the only problem is you still have to pay them and some time's I forget that's coming out of my pocket!

10. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't like the non management employees to know where I even live. So, no I don't have them do anything here. If I need something done I cannot do, I hire a professional.