Using fertilizer as a "revenge" factor???

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by LwnmwrMan22, Sep 21, 2004.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Anyone ever have a customer that you might accidently overapply some fertilizer, to get "even" with a customer that is either a PITA, or somehow else stuck it to you?

I've got one account and some fertilizer that got wet, so it's going to be clumpy. I'll have to open the holes up a little extra to get it through the PG, thinking I might let this guy mow his yard ever 3-4 days instead of the every 7-10 he's doing right now.

2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

That would be wrong. That would be unprofessional. Business is business, don't take things personally. It leads to bad decisions.

3. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I couldn't agree more! Don't let emotions get into the way of your work!

4. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

I would agree !

Drive by the house each time and laugh at the thought of pounding the lawn with N and watching the customer suffer..........but don't do it for real!

Lawnchoice

5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Not only that but you may end up burning up the lawn. Then with a simple soil sample he could easily have you orderd by a judge to do a lawn renovation. If you think you don't like him now just wait until you have to work for him for free. Now that would suck.

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Never done it Yet, but if the need arose it might be a viable option. I mean your not putting round up on it. Your helping it grow :angel: If the pita has to mow a few more times well thats the way the grass grows :D

Mac

7. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

personally, for me, if the customer is that much of a pita...i just cancel them rather than apply my 'profit' to his lawn

8. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Very much agree with this, I do it often.

9. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I agree...sometimes ..... YOU have to FIRE your customers...

10. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

I guess that wouldn't be much different than a certain spray company we all know putting down urea on yards.
    I bet they are laughing their ass off thinking of grass cutters trying to cut that on a weekly basis.