1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

using granular products without rain

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dmar62, Mar 3, 2013.

1. dmar62

dmar62 LawnSite Member

I just wanted to ask what everyone's view of using granular products with no rain in site. Do you tell the customer to water in the product or just wait for rain to be forcasted. Or even when using liquid pre-m without rain.
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Retired now, but I always gave them written material advising them to water-in the crabgrass control. It seldom happened early in the year--as it was usually cold and rainy.
    It usually worked OK.
    How about trying it and letting us know what happens--either way.
  3. MV Property Care

MV Property Care LawnSite Member

In the spring I usually don't think too much about it. Early and Late summer try to time it when it rains.
  4. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Let them know it needs to be watered in to be effective. If they do not have an irrigation system you can try to time it with rain but easier said than done sometimes.
  5. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

it has to be watered in liquid or granular. most of my customers aren't going to wtr. so i try an time it. but the weatherman sucks so just do the best i can. praying for rain in metro atl tomorrow
  6. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

The pre-emergent I'm putting out now says it has to be watered in within 14 days and we've been pretty wet lately. I've just tried to time it just prior to rain in the forecast, but you know how forecasts can go.
  7. dmar62

dmar62 LawnSite Member

I hoping for rain tomorrow too. They say we will get some but I wouldn't bet my last dollar on more than a half inch. put some pre-m down last week.