Using hydraulic attachments for my bobcat??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by SouthernYankee, Oct 14, 2005.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I have never used hydraulic attachments on my bobcat and I was wondering how hard it is to "set one" up? I just never had the need and I am thinking about getting a grapple bucket to pick up brush with. I know nothing about this and I would like to know more. thanks

1. How fast can you switch from the attachment back to the regualar bucket?

2. Machine is a 2000 bobcat 751, basically a 753 with out some power.

2. TerraFirma Excavating

TerraFirma Excavating LawnSite Member

Switching attachments will only add a minute or two. My 2001 773G machine has a "Pressure Release" button which will open the solenoids and automatically shut the machine down to bleed any pressure from the attachment. Simply disconnect the hydraulic quick couplers and restart the machine.

I think you can disconnect the hydraulic quick couplers without bleeding the pressure off, but I can make re-connecting them impossible. I have had to use wrenches and break the hose to hydrualic coupler connection to bleed the pressure out of the attachment before I could connect it to my machine.

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

If an attachment has been sitting in the sun, getting the pressure that's built up in the attachment lines is only accomplished by cracking the hoses. Kind of a PITA but there's no way around it really.