1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Using illegal workers in NY

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Rsails, May 26, 2010.

1. SchnabelLawnCare

SchnabelLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Why is speaking English a kicker for you? The USA has no official language. You don't seem to educated on "tha English" either.

2. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

If I had Mexicans work for me you can beat your ass they'll be speaking English...It's annoying that you can't understand them. And our official language will probably be Spanish in the next few years our kindergartners our learning Spanish. (In my area around Va if you don't take another language in middle school you'll be forced out of a advanced diploma(24 credits) and put into a standard diploma(22 credits) 2 credits just so I can talk like an immigrant.

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I guess we know how the american indians felt when we came over in boats...

Christopher columbus was sent by the queen of spain...

4. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

Illegals aren't worth it. 10000x worse than hiring someone legal.

5. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

You don't have to worry about a thing. The cops cannot question his status. It is no big deal using hispanic workers, they work way way harder than legal guys most of the time. There is nothing to worry about, pay cash and leave no paper trail.

Also America doesn't have a official language. I do not understand why so many people here are against learning a second language. In most countries in Europe people are REQUIRED to learn 4 languages in school, here we ***** because we are asked to take two years of a foreign language. All it can do is benefit you by speaking a second language. I know that I am Spanish bi-lingual because that is how I was raised and I do not regret it at all. You guys need to be more open minded.

PS: Good luck finding a illegal that speaks good english lmao.

6. DJJS

DJJS LawnSite Senior Member

7. Bibbee Lawn Care

Bibbee Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I say, pay an American to do an Americans job! But I do understand, times are tough....

8. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

You want us to help you get away with hiring illegals?:hammerhead:

9. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

We are gonna change all that.

10. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

This is why we have such an issue with illegals, and lowball landscapers. Please dont contribute to illegals our economy is in tough enough shape. I cannot even believe someone would actually come on here and ask for tips on how to hire illegals. I think I seriously just threw up in my mouth. There is so little done about this that people are bold enough to post asking for tips on lawnsite.