Using illegal workers in NY

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Rsails, May 26, 2010.

1. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

Why has it become so bad to feel like America first is the way to be. I guess since Ronald Reagan. Everybody seems to have the attitude that American is somehow a bad thing. Are we really a dead country? When I was growing up, a company moving production to China would have meant prison for the executives of that country. They would have been deemed anti-American and traitors. Many people were blackballed for even thinking of putting a communist, dictatorship above America.

2. sdk1959

sdk1959 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree 1000%!!!! Well said!!!!!!:usflag:

3. Big Bad Bob

from zone 5

*newusflag**newusflag**newusflag**newusflag**newusflag**newusflag*

4. Big Bad Bob

from zone 5

Enjoy your Memorial Day and always remember those who gave all for our American freedoms.

*newusflag**newusflag**newusflag**newusflag**newusflag**newusflag*

5. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I agree too. Well said bob!:usflag:

6. Big Bad Bob

from zone 5

I said, "When I was growing up, a company moving production to China would have meant prison for the executives of that country."

I meant, "When I was growing up, a company moving production to China would have meant prison for the executives of that company."

7. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I knew what ya meant.....I agree totally. Its a little ridiculous. everyone is so worried about being p.c. and nice to everyone that they forget to take care of us. Dont even get me started on foreign cars.

8. cozymonkey

cozymonkey LawnSite Member

Just remember that by giving the illegals a job and a reason to stay in our country you will actually be paying more money in the long run for these people. If we can get people to realize this and quit employing them, THEY WONT HAVE A REASON TO STAY HERE.

If you dont believe just wait for this health care crap to take effect. When you go to the emergency room and an illegal walks away paying nothing for care and you ended up paying more than a few years back because you are legal and they can bill you.

Also google it the reason that part of the housing market took a crap so quickly is because we gave a mortgage to all these illegals with fake documentation. Then when times where tough they just walked away from their homes. There was no way to hurt these peoples credit or hold them accountable because they werent trackable. Over 241 million dollars in debt just in the Colorado metro area alone.

As for your needing to find someone. Getting caught with an illegal is a federal offense. Is saving a couple dollars an hour worth losing everything you have? Maybe you shouldnt try to find someone for an extra day or two. It sounds like maybe you need to have your employees pick up the slack. Maybe a better idea would be to give them a raise and expect them to do more. $.50 raise times 4 employees at 40 hours a week is only $80 and you said you were comfortable paying over $100 for a days help. Just an idea