Using iPad/Tablet on sales calls???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by scott martoccia, Feb 5, 2013.

1. scott martoccia

scott martoccia LawnSite Member

Is anyone currently using a tablet during a sales consultation? I have used a portfolio app a few times but nothing more. I am interested in using tablet as a tool to systematically direct the sales process and assist with estimating. Any experience or application recommendation would be helpful.

2. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

I recently bought an ipad and as of now I've only used it to show pictures of plants and examples of my work. I'm in the process of putting together a gallery of my favorite plants organized by use.

3. show-n-go

show-n-go LawnSite Member

The Techo-bloc app is awesome to use. I also use sign and send app which allows you to record a signature and print out an estimate or bill.

4. jequigle

jequigle LawnSite Member

I am currently doing the same thing.

5. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

What is techno bloc?

6. Nj shade

Nj shade LawnSite Member
    from Nj

Use it for what others have said with the Techo app and to show pics of plants and previous work. Thinking of getting pro landscape that has the design software on an app for iPad

7. Jobber

Jobber Sponsor

Hey guys,
    I'm going to be as un-biased as I can here. We have heard of a lot of companies increase sales by using software like Jobber in combination with a tablet.

Starting right from the beginning, many people simply load pictures of their work on to the tablet to give the client some inspiration and confidence in the job quality. Using a program like Jobber, you can build quotes on the fly walking around the property with the customer while getting their feedback.

Having the ability to create estimates and email them to the client right in front of their eyes has a certain 'sexy' factor. It just shows that you have a progressive company that can work with the customer to make sure they are 100% satisfied. It also does not hurt to be able to turn that quote into a job with Jobber and then automatically invoice it when completed.

It makes sense when you think about it. People want to know that they will be heard and have immediate response if they are paying the bills. Demonstrating your professionalism and responsiveness with the first impression will help you win more bids.

We have a 30 day free trial if you want to give it a shot. In any case, good luck!

Cheers,
    Jeff

8. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

The only thing that keeps me from getting jobber is a dedicated app that runs without internet access, That it can sync once I get wifi signal

9. Jobber

Jobber Sponsor

That is definitely part of the plan moving forward... It is quite an undertaking to get it done right though so I'll let you know when we have that up and running.
    -Jeff

10. pieperlc

pieperlc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Any ideas on when that may be available? I would love to send the crews out with a tablet, but don't want/need to pay a data plan fee. I'm with Aztlan, one thing that might keep me away. Also, when you talk about apps and mobile devices, is both android and apple going to be able to function with jobber?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013