1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Using PayPal

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by AmsoilPower, Apr 27, 2008.

1. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone use PayPal for sending/receiving payments for business transactions? I am not set up to take credit cards and am wondering if this is a viable option that people will accept. I have a PayPal account already, but have just been using it for eBay. What do you think?
  2. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a few customers that we email their bill to them. They then go to the paypal site and "Send Money" to us. It's quick and easy for them all they need to know is your email address.
  3. rmarkham

rmarkham LawnSite Member

We have online credit card payment through paypal and our website. It is very easy and about 25% of my customer base use the system. I get an e-mail to my phone within 2 - 3 mins of a payment and transfer all payments the same day to my operating account. Takes about 3 days for paypal payments to be deposited into the operating account. Great way to accept credit cards without a merchant account.

If you want to check out how it looks and operates go to my website at:

You can stop before you actually send the payment to see how it looks and operates.
  4. VBsnow

VBsnow LawnSite Member

I use it for rentals I manage. I suggest using it. You get the same rate a larger merchant would receive by using PP. However, on large balances you should only accept "E-Checks" as they are capped at $5. Always pad out your credit accounts to cover the money you lose in charges.
  5. qusix

qusix LawnSite Member

Its a great idea to allow your customers to use paypal. It gives them the opportunity to use their credit card and get points. Might want to charge a little more since their is a small fee with paypal though.
  6. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

take a looke at my webpage i use paypal as a online bill payment option for my clients.

talk to paypal and see what they can offer you.