Using power inverters for elec. hedge trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dfor, Jun 19, 2002.

1. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Has anybody used power inverters. I was thinking of getting one for the truck for when I need to trim bushes and there isn't a plug close by. Just wondering how well they work and if there is anything I might need to keep in mind before buying one. Thanks.

2. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

DUMP THE ELECTRIC AND BUY GAS POWERED HEDGE TRIMMERS, THATS MY 2 CENTS.

3. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I saw that coming. But my question was inverters. Carpal Tunnel. I need to use light trimmers.

4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

If you switch to a pole trimmer, take off the Damn ridiculous handle, and wrap the shaft with plummers rubber pipe insulation, then hold it like a spear, you will find it better than an electric or any other combo you can buy.
    Pete.... post Carpal tunnel

5. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate to recommend junk, but I must admit I have a super light craftsman hedge trimmer, gas.

It has lasted...get this....8 years!!!!!

KB

6. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

1. Don't get a chaep inverter! I've got a small one that don't even hold enough juice for a TV. Not sure what the amps are but it was about $60.

2. Leave the truck running. Most come with a shut off safty, but there still might not be enough power to start a large truck.

3. If your still serious about the inverter and your going to use it a lot, I'd put a second battery in. I did this for snow plowing, worked pretty good.