Using Property pictures in Mass Mailing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by wglawncare, Feb 24, 2006.

1. wglawncare

wglawncare LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever tried to take an actual photo of the specific property you are sending the mailing to. So each letter would either have a watermark of their exact home or a picture in the corner of their house. Has anyone ever tried this, I think it would make the letter so much more personalized and help get some response. Do you think this would be a good idea, although very time consuming?

2. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

If you were to do a 9000 piece mass mailing you'd have to take 9000 pictures and print 9000 different pieces. Wow I can't imagine how much time that would take. And the return would still probably < 1%

3. wglawncare

Ya that would be eway too many! I am looking at around 200.

4. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

If you go through a company to order postcards, brochures or doorhangers the company who does it usually has jpeg's they print on the paper for you.

I would think that if you did your own you would have to get the homeowners permission and mark out their address.

5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

That was my first thought, seems kind of stalker-like.

6. PGA

LOL

Agreed, the last thing they need is a bunch of people coming by their house to look at it.

7. wglawncare

I just thought it would make the letter seem personal. All of the home I will be sending them to are summer/weekend homes. So they come up on the weekends in the summer time. If I owned a second home and saw a picture of my home on there I would think that the person that put the letter together to a great deal of time into it, and I should look into their services. I dont see how that would be being any sort of stalker!

8. wglawncare

But each letter would have a different picture.
    101 Park- picture of their house
    103 Park- picture of that house on that one particular letter
    107 Park- a picture of their lawn and their home
    ECTC.

9. PGA

Lake Geneva?

I think its a good idea to put a nice pic on there. All I was saying was make sure you have their permission. :)

10. OutdoorExtras

OutdoorExtras LawnSite Member

Why would you need the homeowners permission? As long as you are on public property you can take all the photos you want. I think it's a worthwhile idea, but the cost and time involved is going to be very high. I guarantee you'll get a better response than you would with regular direct mail, but will it be enough of a difference to pay off?;)