Using SEO to improve online lead generation

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Barrett Landscaping, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Just keep in mind that just because people like something that looks like what they've always seen, doesn't mean they won't like something different. And they'll remember different.

I realize a lot has probably changed in the 15 +/- years since I worked in the Cinci area, but there really wasn't anyone who stood out from the pack. I think you have a cool opportunity.

2. Barrett Landscaping

Barrett Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for all of the info and ideas so far guys! There is for sure a lot to ponder and take into consideration.

3. johnslandscapingservice

johnslandscapingservice LawnSite Member

This is completely unrelated to the thread but I had a question for Barrett as I read a previous thread but now I can't find it. I recall you started a company at age 15. At what point did You get insured and licensed? Also did you report your income for taxes?

4. Barrett Landscaping

I started paying taxes when I was 15 and once I was 18 I registered it officially and became insured and got worker's comp
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. BLC7

BLC7 LawnSite Senior Member

What did you end up paying your seo guy? Just curious. Have been looking into this myself.

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Aren't you an SEO?

7. BLC7

Yes. SEO is part of my expertise, but I don't really offer it as a service within my marketing company; and I've never worked with an LCO. So I really don't even know what "seo" guys would charge in this industry - that's why I was asking, since each niche can be different in terms of pricing.

8. Barrett Landscaping

I have ended up going with the guy who has done my online work in the past and who will be overhauling my site to make it more friendly as well as updated with new content. At the end of the day he was wayyy cheaper that the other guys at $300 a month. I know he does good work as I have had great success using him in the past.

9. BLC7

$300/mo is a literal steal. It costs that much just to buy the domain names for a solid private blog network.

Hopefully he can get you good results.

10. Kawizx62003

Kawizx62003 LawnSite Silver Member

I thought you had no idea what an seo guy would charge in this industry. How do you know it's a steal?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.