Using Sticker or Soap with Speedzone

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by pgiambat, Apr 22, 2005.

1. pgiambat

pgiambat LawnSite Member

I have used Speedzone the last two years without great results. I know to put some saop in to break down the surface tension to help efficacy.

I've never had much success with it. I don't think I was using it correctly. I was putting in about 3 to 4 drops of dishsoap in a 2 gallon mix.

I recently talk to an experienced veteran (chemical guy), he says to use a "sticker".

Please advise on the use of a "sticker" (name and quantity, assume I'm mixing up a 2 gallon batch at a time) or is soap good enough.
  2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco sells a surfacant for $23/gal. You use 3/4oz per gal. I dont think you were using enough soap.
  3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Speedzone's label specifically says a sticker is not necessary.

I was using Lesco's Spreader Sticker with Speedzone and my Lesco guy said I was wasting my money.

I'm getting great results without the sticker.
  4. I was getting great results with SpeedZone last year with no sticker.

I was told by a PBI Gordon rep at a trade show that there is a surfactant mixed in already.

My only compliant about the product is the price.
  5. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I just recently purchased some sticker because the dishsoap idea was failing for me as well....
  6. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

My guess is you are not putting enough herbicide down. I get great results with a three-way.