1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

using the bathroom?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Surferbum21, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I've gone 16 hrs without peeing and thats killing a case of water bottles with 2 guys. Dad used to have a theory that if you have to pee you're not working hard enough
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I try not to leave bodily fluid deposits in clients yards but will if I can get away with it. Since we use a box truck it's pretty easy to go in a chemical measuring cup and just dump it in the street when done...
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Wish I could do that. I'm worse than a pregnant woman! I need a tow behind portatoilet like in the commercials! LOL:laugh:

4. mikeypizano

mikeypizano LawnSite Senior Member

Am I the only one who asks to use the bathroom?

5. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

6. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Your dad is a wise man.

7. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

good line, i'll need to remember that!

8. turtle

turtle LawnSite Member

Can tell your dad has never passed a kidney stone. I've never had a boss that let us run to the bathroom. I used to hold it as long as I could, but sometimes you just have to go, try to get as far from house when you can. But sometimes you have to duck into a corner near the house, best idea I've found is piss in a coffee cup then pour it down the stormdrain.

9. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

very unprofessional in any situation. I stop once maybe twice on a bad at a gas station to use the bathroom. I do have an enclosed trailer but only use that for emergency situations.

we are grown men and some of you are going to the bathroom once or twice an hour? I drink a 5 gallon cooler full of water every day of work and sometimes in an 8-10 hour day I never stop to use the bathroom till I'm home. that's rare though.

I usually stop half way through the day to use the bathroom and wash up a bit to eat my lunch or stop for lunch.

you have a problem if you can't go 2 hours or more without peeing. I don't care how much liquid you drink.

10. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I tend to agree,^^^^ I was in the military, and trust me you learned to hold it, no matter what. I have never went on a customers property, once on the morning, then at lunch and once in the evening no matter how much water I'm drinking, same for the guys, I tell them up front we're not stopping for bathroom breaks, go before you start the route and not again until your lunch break, and then when your done at the end of the day you can stop on your way in if you have to, that's three opportunties for the bathroom, plenty, imop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.