using z spray for tick control?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by sweetjetskier, Jun 13, 2010.

1. sweetjetskier

sweetjetskier LawnSite Senior Member

I have many very large properties that need tick applications,only problem is I can't access the areas completly with the truck setup.

Have any of you used the hose reel set for tick sprays?

Max would be great with 50 gallons.

Looking to be as effecient as I can.

Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

I spray at 1/4 gallon per k, and it does purty good... my best results have been with hose end on insecticide.... 2 gallons per 1 k... but I'm bettin' that if you run one gallon tips, you're gonna get control that's just as good... as far as using the wand... sure... it'll just take forever :)

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

it will be find, but the wand is not accurate so figure using more than u should

4. sweetjetskier

these are big estate properties, with lots of wooded areas, and i am not able to drive across lawn sections.

The woods are too dense to drive a small machine around in them.

But they will pay very well for the service:) so its all worth it to me

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  6. sweetjetskier

Thanks for the replies, I have tank sprayers 50-200 but can't drive the truck on the lawn areas, that's why I thought Z might be good with lighter footprint.

I may have to make a mount for the tractor to mount the 50 gal sprayer to the 3 pt.

Might be best best right now.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

I do it. I clean out the tanks before, then do the turf withe 1oz per k Crosscheck. Then Spray the woodland perimeter withe the hose reel. Don't do ornamental beds though. I bought a backpack mist blower this year for this service and love it.

8. sweetjetskier

Which brand of mist blower do you have?

I have been starting to look at them, Solo seems to be more available,haven't checked Stihl yet.

Solo isn't my first choice,mainly because the quality of the regular back packs has gone down hill fast.

We started using Jacto back pack sprayers, they are so easy to use,sit better on your back,simple to work on also.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i took a look at the jatco sprayers and they do look very nice, how much does the comercial backpack cost?

10. sweetjetskier

If I remember correctly,they are about $125 each for the jacto, I have a couple now for 3 years, and am very happy with them.
    Posted via Mobile Device