USPS Direct Mail

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by recycledsole, Oct 12, 2012.

1. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

Hey guys
    if i want to use USPS direct mail service, do my flyers need to have any addresses, or can the flyers just contain the regular information: services offered, logo, contact phone number? do they need to be in an envelope?
    thank you very much

2. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

No addresses required and No envelopes. They do have guide lines for the size of post cards to be mailed. You also have to drop them off in person to your local USPS office to be dispersed in your local area zip codes.

You may find a better deal finding a company that makes the post card and mails them as well for you. .14 adds up on top of the cost of post card.

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

did a 5k mailing with the post office.Cost me just under 1500.00 would of been leass ,but I paid them to do everything.

4. recycledsole

from MD

yea $.141 cents X 500 is $705...

5. grandview (2006)

It's .145 x 500 =72.50

6. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

I've always wondered how direct mailing works. So what do I do? I bring the flyers to a post office and ask them to deliver to a certain zip code?

7. grandview (2006)

Yes and no, You can't just drop fliers off. they need to be a certain size.Them must be bundled in 50's and then bundled by zip code.File out the form too. The thing with the post office is cash or debit card. That's why i had a company do it for me ,paid with the credit card and they only charged me an extra 75 bucks.

https://www.usps.com/business/every-door-direct-mail.htm#3

8. grandview (2006)

9. recycledsole

from MD

thanks alot

10. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Indeed thanks