USPS Direct Mail

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by recycledsole, Oct 12, 2012.

1. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD
  2. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

I have been researching this for awhile but cant remember if there is a minimum. Anyone know if there is a minimum number? I know the maximum is 5k per day. And passing out 5000 fliers in 5 days is absolutely ridiculous. How many people would you have helping you?
  3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Minimum pieces you can mail out is 250 or I think 1 full route.
  4. jequigle

jequigle LawnSite Member

I have been looking into the EDDM through the USPS and am having trouble finding answers. Do you need a mailing permit to use EDDM? Also how do you pick which routes you want?
  5. grandview (2006)

put your zip code in.
  6. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

Thanks for that URL, once less thing I have to try and find. Your making it a little bit easier for me to grow my business.

Thanks, Michael
  7. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

i've sent out about 2000 postcards in the last week. two different zip codes. Didn't realize my cards weren't big enough. About an inch too short. One post office took them no problem. Had to argue with the second one a bit about it. Was told they want them big so people are less likely to throw them away. I don't know all about that. I'll definitely use it more often now that I've gotten my feet wet with it.
  8. mtp2s

mtp2s LawnSite Member

Just curious but what kind of response do you get with 5k fliers? I mean do you get good reps out of 5k? Thanks
  9. grandview (2006)

1st phone call for me paid for everything.
  10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Same here. I decided to use the profit from this one job and triple the # of cards im sending out.
    Posted via Mobile Device