Utah or Clearwater Beach

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by cpipke, Jan 21, 2008.

1. cpipke

cpipke LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Thinking about moving to Salt Lake City, Utah or Clearwater Beach, Florida are those areas overcrowded with lawn care providers?

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

What ...you trying to leave this freezer we live in here in Ohio ??? LOL ....I am sure there is plenty of comp. on both areas.

3. cpipke

cpipke LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Just need a change, I wish we had some snow.

4. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know about Utah but Florida in general is loaded with lawn/landscape people but we have tons of grass and the rainy season is always on its way.

If you like high property taxes and even higher homeowners premiums, come on down. There is always room for one more....:rolleyes:

If you have a good base of customers, why leave? It is not that simple to infiltrate a market where it seems like 1 out of 2 people are in the business.

5. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

You moving yourself or with family ??

6. cpipke

cpipke LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I currently solo (wife helps on weekends) with 70 weekly mowing accounts maybe your right. Have you ever lived in Ohio? there is nothing to do.

7. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

There is a lot of competition here. I would say the market is becoming over crowded. As the economy worsens, it seems like everybody's back-up plan is to go mow lawns. Luckily a lot of the start ups are not reliable or have no idea what they are doing. I think you could make it here. You just need to be aware that any clients you have will be solicited by 10+ competitors every yr. You've gotta keep them happy, or they are gone.

Why Utah, or Florida? That seems like 2 very different places.

8. cpipke

cpipke LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

With family, my oldest starts Collage next year and she is looking at Florida or Utah. I like the Clearwater Beach area we go every year and I ski in Deer Valley and Park City Utah every year.

9. cpipke

cpipke LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Thanks, I love your City I just returned from the film festival.

10. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I love the Clearwater Beach area...grandparents live down there. Im sure there are alot of LCO's in Florida...but there are alot here too. Matter fact i could toss a rock right now and hit 4 of em lol Sorry I cant give you better advice, but I love me some C-Beach!