Utility / Dump Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by wintergreenlawn&landscape, Mar 9, 2008.

1. wintergreenlawn&landscape

wintergreenlawn&landscape LawnSite Member
    from CT

Can anyone point me in the right direction, regarding one of those utility/dump trailers?

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Big Tex trailers has a good selection of them.

3. wintergreenlawn&landscape

from CT

Specifically, Im lookiing for an open utility trailer with side dump so that I can carry equipment and a load of material at the same time.

4. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

With a 1/2 ton truck you have limited your selection of utility/Dump Tailers most are 20ft in lenght, and when you add equipment, that greatly limits the amount of weight the Dump can carry. Most are 13,000GTWR and above 2500, and 3500 truck size

5. wintergreenlawn&landscape

from CT

I am upgrading to an F350 this week. Thanks for the heads-up.

6. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Also look into how much weight you are allowed to tow with out a regular license. In Maryland any trailer over 10 k you need a class A CDL unless it is a camper.

7. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

8. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

www.felling.com

also check out midsota manufacturing

Great trailers. Just ordered another one last week. Let me know, maybe make a deal if I was to order two of them, mine and yours?

9. kklick

kklick LawnSite Member
    from ohio

http://www.capstonetrailers.com/

Check out the capstone trailers. There is a link in the the thread corey4671 posted as well. I bought a 20' 12,000 pound but haven't made it out to pick it up yet. I'll be sure to post a follow up when I pick it up though.