utlilty dump trailers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tlcgrounds, Feb 18, 2002.

1. tlcgrounds

tlcgrounds LawnSite Member

Any of us have a combo utlilty trialer/ dump trailer. I have a 16 ft util. trialer I convert inot a collection box for my curb side leaf collections. Does anyone have a util. trialer that has a dump frame under it that can raise the trailer deck high enough to dump lawn debris?

2. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

we use an EZ-dump trailer for landscaping, and it is also used for collecting leaves during leaf season. weve had it for 2 years now, and was cheaper than buying a one ton dump truck.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

4. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy a dump trailer this spring, I'm looking at a 7x14. I want it mostly to set up for leaves and for hauling mulch and topsoil. What do you guys think of them? any problems with them at all or anything? I've never acually used one but they look good to me.

5. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 6'X10' Bri-Mar low profile 10,000 GVW dump trailer. If you opt for the landscape gate, you can dump and use it as an extra equipment hauler. I made side boards for mine, and can haul 8-10 yards of bark legally!!

Inspection every year, and registration every 6 years, at least here in PA. The trailer itself weighs 2,400 lbs, so you should have a 3/4 ton or better for best results. My advise is to get the most GVW you can afford, you will test the weight once you have it.....

Check them out at http://www.bri-mar.com