UV troubles

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by LeoS818, May 5, 2004.

1. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

I am having a lot of trouble with clippings in our UV. They collect in the housing above the fan. If they arent cleaned out everyday with compressed air, it will be locked up the next day. It also doesnt seem to pick clippings as well as i remember last year.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Is your belt slipping??
    John

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Leo,

I'm with John on this one. The first thing I would check is the belt. You'll want to make sure it's not dried outs, hard, shiny or glazed. You'll also want to check the belt tensioning idler. It's real easy to forget to grease this one.

Even if all is working well I would recommend blowing out the housing at the end of each day just as a precaution. We've seen some instances where the debris can build up and stay in there for a long time creating bigger issues.

You should also inspect the screen on the back of the hopper/hood of the UV daily to ensure that it is not plugged either. We've seen in a couple cases where when the screen gets plugged the bagging performance can deteriorate.

Thanks,

Terry

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I'm with terry on this one! I forgot about the screan, I use a stiff shoe brush to get the grass out of there. I wish they had a REMOVIBLE SCREAN so it would be easer to clean.

John