V BOX INSTALL

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Doug406, Oct 24, 2000.

1. Doug406

Doug406 LawnSite Member

What are some of the most creative, stable, ease of install and uninstall that any of you have came up with for v box salters in regular 1 ton pickup beds. Does anyone take it out after each storm to clean? Should I bolt it to the frame through the bed?

2. diggerman

diggerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

We just use small binders, I wouldn't bolt it down because you really should be taking it out after every use or at least every other,and washing after every use.

3. Doug406

Doug406 LawnSite Member

Well my concern for bolting it down(like the instructions say) is because it will also be a well used plow truck, and I plow with extreme productive results- you know -hard and with a little bit of speed, so some of the snowbanks stop me fast, should this concern be much.

4. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

We use 2" ratchet binders. They are rated for 10k pounds, and I have never had a problem with them getting loose. If they stretch, just give it another pull on the binder, and it is tight again.
    Dino

5. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

Well if you have it in a dump body i would weld on a round steel stock on both sides of it mayby have to weld an angle line across. and use the dump gate hooks to hold it down then just strap the front and you will have no problems.

6. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I think he has it in a pick up. I will say go with the binders.

Geoff

7. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

Boy did I miss read that thread >thanks for telling me

8. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

I use a bobcat to load and unload my sander. Another good way is to have a welder make a swing set design, where you can back the truck up under the swing set, do not use a regular swing set, will not hold the weight of the sander. Hook a chain hoist to pick the sander up and down. Hope this helps.

9. Snow Pro

Snow Pro LawnSite Member

Guys -

Is there a problem with pressure washing it while it stays on the truck? Why take it out before spring?

10. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

When washing a spreader, volume of water is what is needed, not pressure. We use city water through a 1" garden hose. We like to wash off the trucks, cause you can then get the channel under the spreader that the chain rides in. We back uner the rack, and then use the ratchet straps to lift the spreader off the truck. Then we just drop it back down, and we are all set. With magic this year, we hope to reduce the amount of washing needed.
    Dino