V-Nosed vs Flat Faced Enclosed Trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by T Edwards, Dec 2, 2003.

1. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

I was looking at a Pace 17' V-Nose today and I'd like to hear from people with enclosed trailers what their recommendations are.

Thanks

2. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven't owned a v-nose so I can't comment on them other than what I have seen. We have had good luck with he "flat faced" Interstate brand Enclosed that we have, we are able to put a truckbed toolbox across the front halfway up, and still be able to get mowers under it. I have noticed that the V-nose covers most of the A Frame on the tongue. I've seen them with big dents in them from turning too sharp, of course this all depends on the driver ! I've seen guys close the front off for hand tools, air compressor, etc. I guess I'm just partial to the way mine look because I don't have a v-nose. Whichever way you go, you will definately like it better than an open trailer. Good luck

3. Brian Taylor

Brian Taylor LawnSite Member

we have two flat noses enclosed and we like to put work benches in the front. I'm not sure you could do that with the v nose

4. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

Your work bench would just be V shaped. I am planning on getting a V nosed enclosed in the near future. I have never owned one but have been told they do pull better for the fact that the V cuts the wind better.

Here is a 20 foot H&H V nose. This trailer was made for west coast choppers as a vender trailer to sell there t shirts and stuff.

v nose0001.jpg

5. HarryD

notice H&H trailers have rivet less sides

here is the link to there site if you want to check out there prices
    http://www.hhtrailer.com/

v nose0002.jpg

6. HarryD

back

back.jpg

7. hustler1

hustler1 LawnSite Member

yea, but they need a v nose cause they tow it all over the country at freeway speeds.....

8. WLLD

WLLD LawnSite Member

I have had both units. The flat front units are much harder to see around but offer a more efficient storage area. The v-nose pull nicer. I have a front ramp on the current unit that I can get the 48" walk behinkd and the 52" Z out - so I don't always have to unload everything to get the front machine.

To HarryD's point - the rivet less sides is a feature you can get in most units. Buying an enclosed trailer is like buying a car - the options are numerous.

Shayne

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

See, now I can see where THAT would be the biggest advantage of a V nose, is the front access to unload machines, but then again, there are square fronts with some rather large doors I've seen that will do the same thing. I would think for our business, since we are not doing that much highway travel, mostly local, that a square would probably be the best bet. Just my opinion...

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i had a 8*20 wells cargo flat nose with a 5 ft toung it was able to be jacked knifed with a stake body and not hit the trailer i u have a v-nose u will hit it