V-Plow Edges

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by cowboy, Dec 1, 2000.

1. cowboy

cowboy LawnSite Member

This is a carryover from frequent problems,
    Dino, you said you switched to a differnt type of edge for your Western V-Plow's, would like some more information on this.

Anyway, your help is much appreciated!

Cowboy

2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Well the 7/16 x 6"edge that they sell are around $49.00 for each side plus the center piece / anti stripe kit runs about $ 30.00
    We have switched to a urethane edge that is 8" wide and we install a urethane anti strip piece that is 100% better than the stock western piece, or even the replacment piece that they came out with last year.
    Call me at 860-859-0739 and I will go over mounting details and what they should cost from your nearest dealer.
    PS I like the plows so much that we are adding another western v plow this year, as soon as the truck comes in.
    Dino

3. cowboy

cowboy LawnSite Member

glad to hear it, pretty much 100% shure this will be the plow I will purchase, out of all the plows, seems like western has the fewest complaints on this forum.

Will definantly call you once I get the plow!

Cowboy

4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

cowboy,
    Fewest Western complaints because nobody uses them! ;)
    J u s t K i d d i n g!

I know a guy who has 12 Boss V's and bought a Western V-plow 2 years ago.
    (Of course I will never speak to him because of this act of heresy) but I did notice he bought another WESTERN last year.

~Guys like their Western (Fisher) V-Plows.

5. plowking35

from S.E. CT

What I think is funny, is how all the boss fans toute how boss is the king of v plows, and western fisher are junk. Yet they put pics up of craked welds and then say hpw terrible the plows are at leaving stripes. I wont even get into the whole tripping issue. Yet all the western fisher owners have very few complaints, and I am buying another wetsern v plow this week.
    Dino

6. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

It's "tongue-in-check", Dino.

Boss was 10 years ahead of Western/Fisher, but if they weren't available, I'd buy a Western tomorrow.

7. diggerman

diggerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

What I think is funny is how I have been listening to all this stuff about the problem with Boss plows from a few people who obviously ,I thought, didn't have a clue. then after not having plowed for a year you begin to wonder did I just forget about some of the things others are having problems with. I just spent two days plowing and realized nope they were just clueless, so I feel better now.
    Dino you above all people should not have a problem with the continous harassment of a particular product,we are all just responding with the enthusiam that someone trying to pawn off urethane edges or magic, might.

8. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 LawnSite Member
    from WEST MI

Love my Boss (plow) Diggerman.

The crack wasnt my imagination though. Still- not serious, like you said, just grind, weld, and move on. Now I'm clueless and crackless!!

9. plowking35

from S.E. CT

Ok spoke with a man today who runs 10 boss v plows and 5 western v plows
    He bought the boss plows when there wasnt any other v plow available. He likes them alot, and never thought of buying a different type of v plow. Then western came out with their v plow, and the local dealer gave him a good deal on a v plow, he liked it alot, and has since bought 4 more. And as time goes on he will only purchase western v plows.
    The main reason, they actually trip, unlike the boss. That is a direct quote. They have hit things with the boss that made the plow jump so high, it broke the headlights on the plows upper section. So its not only me that dislikes the boss non tripping action.
    Dig if you dont have an issue with the trip action on the boss, then great no problems with me. But just because you dont seem to mind, doesnt negate the fact that it may be a real issue to others.
    On a side note, to say that I pawn my wares might give the impression of an inferior product. That is far from the truth. In fact I believe so much in the product that me and Vinnie from MPT(mts) have talked it over and we will give anyone who wants to try an edge, the opportunity to do so. Just call me with the the type of plow you want to try the edge on, and we will ship you the edge. If you dont like it, just send it back and no harm no foul, we will even pay the freight back. If it performs to your liking, we would then expect to be payed.
    Its a no lose situation. We are that confident in our product.Its not that I want to sell alot of edges or magic,but its just to let others know that we have found products that really work, for the most part this industry hasnt changed much in the last 4 decades, there are now products out there that work alot better than what we are used to. We have to keep an open mind. I know I get a little enthusiastic about these products, but its because they really work, please try one before you shut your mind to them. I mean isnt it just a little bit possible that a piece of steel may not be the most effective material to move snow with?
    860-859-0739
    Dino