v-plow help!!

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by CHATAWAY, Dec 23, 2000.

1. CHATAWAY

CHATAWAY LawnSite Member

I am stuck with a hard situation here. The Boss 9' 2" and Western MVP 9' 6" are my finnalists but they both have some differences!

BOSS 9'2"

- Full triping
    - heavier mouldboard 11gauge
    - doesn't come with
    rubber deflecter
    - has joystick control
    - no locking cylinders
    for back draging

Western MVP 9'6"

- Triping edge
    - mouldboard 12gauge
    - comes with rubber deflecter
    - has a hand held controler
    - looks like it comes with
    locking cylinders

There seems to be lots of talk on this board with v-plow operators being pleased with thier systems.

this is a hard dissition for me alone, any help with this topic would be highly appreciated.

[Edited by CHATAWAY on 12-23-2000 at 06:19 PM]

2. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 LawnSite Member
    from WEST MI

This is my first year on my Boss 8', but I really do love it. The standard three switch controlls really are a natural, and it took no time to get the hang of them. The cylinders lock for back dragging, although I have a rear plow and never backdrag with the Boss.

Its built like a tank, and seems to hold up very well to the everyday abuse.

Flip a coin and go buy either one of them. You'll never regret it either way.

Once again, as everyone here has said before, go to the best dealer, that will be more important in the future than what name is on the front of the plow.

3. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

If it's a toss up... go with the best dealer.

4. CHATAWAY

CHATAWAY LawnSite Member

I would go with the closest dealer, if there was one!!!

the so called dealers here just order anything when needed no parts or plows in stock. Nice bussness hey, and the prices are no comparison to your areas ( $7000can for a v-plow and that is uninstalled $750 installation)

closest dealer that seems to know and stock product is over 1000kms away ( if I leave this afternoon should be back christmass morning!!!) and if something is missing for the install, it is not like running back to get the part. But I'm willing to take my chances...

thanks guys

BTW I hear the Boss plow can backdrag for little distances
    30ft or so before going to the scoop postion, this is probablly all you would need in order to get infront of the snow.

5. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 LawnSite Member
    from WEST MI

Every BOSS Power-V Plow is available with our optional SmartLock™ cylinders–to keep your blade locked securely in the Straight-position when backdragging. And all without slowing your plow down the way double-acting cylinders do.

This is off the BOSS website.

6. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

go with the extra 4" on the western

7. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

The 9'6" western v can only be installed on the 450-550 series truck. If you have a smaller truck than that the boss is the only way to go. IMO its no choice at all.
    Western all the way. The full trip on a v plow simply doesnt work period.
    Dino

8. CHATAWAY

CHATAWAY LawnSite Member

PlowKing

I nerver realized this, so Western has no v-plow to mate with a dodge one ton then!!

I can just see it get the Boss now then next year they improve that trip on the blade.

I have seen the lobo v-plow (will work on one ton duallies) and for what they want for it just can not be justified. the plow looked very light duty, and all the talk is about this speacial Down Pressure System. (Just found out this plow too is full trip also)

9. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

western has an 8.5' v plow on the market for your 1 ton dodge.

Geoff

10. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Yes they do, its the 8.5' v plow that they have had out for 4 yrs. The 9.5' v plow is new for this year.
    Dino