V-Plows who has the best one

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by CHATAWAY, Dec 14, 2000.

1. CHATAWAY

CHATAWAY LawnSite Member

Hi this site is great wish I found it a lot sooner!!

Any ways I am hearing lots of talk about v-plows, but here where I live no one is using them just staight blades.

I plow an 18 mile stretch of loging road to our lodge and my tuck wock like mad going up and down those hiles. With my straight blade I have to keep the speed up prity high and chain all four with a 1000lbs in the back to boot. It is quite a show (all four spinging like made with the truck going sideways for 18miles). If I took it any easier the truck wouldn't move.

A v-plow sounds like it would make the job a little easer for the initial break through.

Since no one here uses them, what would be recomended they all seem to have little differences

some use a chain to lift (western) others use a pessure system to lift and lower(lobo plows)

any input on this subject would be highly greatfull!!

Thank you

2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

They all work pretty well, dealer support is more important than anything else IMO. I personally own two western v plows. IF you are plowing gravel roads, get a urethane edge, it will be much kinder to the truck.
    Dino

3. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Fisher V-Plow hands down. Simply the best V-Plow on the market from east to west

Geoff

4. Stephen

Stephen LawnSite Member

i also have to agree with the fisher v. I own one and my dad liked them so much he just bought two, a 8.5 and a 9.5. i hve also tried out the myers v-plow from a dealer at no cost for atleast a month while my plow was on order last year for my new truck and it doesn't even come close to the fishers. Boss also seems to make a good v-plow but i have never run one. personally i like the trip edge much more than the whole blade tripping but that is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.