1. tru cut

tru cut LawnSite Member

I have a fisher v , this is dthe first plow i have owned and have a few questions <br>1, i got it used and it does not have a cutting edge on it. i have been keeping a close eye on the wear and still have 1&quot; befor hitting the spring brace. should i go to the bottom of the brace?<br>2,if i want to a urathane edge on next year do i need wear a steel edge in first or can i get some 1/2 or 3/4 flat stock. How wide?<br>3, fluid leeks out of the plastic cover on the bottom of the pump not a lot just a few drips here and their.i took the cover off and saw the silanoids do theis have o rings on them ? why might thay be leaking?<br>4, no one sells fisher fluid around me but all the auto parts stock weastern and myers can i use i of them or order a case of fisher<p> thanks<p>----------<br>Todd <br>
  2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Todd Get a cutting edge soon, and buy one from Dino. Once my steel ones are gone i will go to the new type, unless i get a really good price on steel ones.<p>For fluid, go to www.centralparts.com, they should be able to set ya right up.<p>Geoff<br>
  3. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

No do not wait, install a steel or urethane edge soon. Big $$$$ for that trip edge.<br>Flat stock will do fine, my guess is that 1/4 x 3&quot; will be fine. The edge I recommend is 1.5&quot; x8. plowking35@aol.com for pricing<br>They do have o rings, but I see most units leak from the fittings into the valve block.<br>Be carefull with teflon or thread sealers because if small bits get inot the system you will be chasing them forever.<br>Wetsern and fisher hdro systems are identical so feel free to use wetern fluid. If you are not in a severe cold climate ATF fluid will do fine, if you are in a severe cold climate then the western fluid.<br>Dino <p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org