1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

I was just checkin out the various web-sites of plow mfgr's, and I was mainly looking at Fishers. What's the deal with the chains???

Also, anyone in here using a Boss plow with the SmartHitch deal? Is it really as easy as it sounds?

-Tim

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER LawnSite Member

Tim, I'm not sure if this is what you mean't but the chains lift the plow and are used as a safety device. If your plow breaks down and you need to get home you can jack up the plow and shorten the chain .

3. SlimJim Z71

I thought I saw about 3-chains on that thing. I'm only used to seeing one. Just looked a little out of place at first.

-Tim

4. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER LawnSite Member

It actually is just two. One chain is attached to both sides of the A- frame and loops thru a center hook on the lift arm. Hope this helps.

5. SlimJim Z71

Thanks. Was just curious...

-Tim

6. ProSeasons

ProSeasons LawnSite Member

You would'nt beleive how easy this thing is. They say you can get it on your truck in about 35 seconds. I'm a newbie and my fastest time is 26 seconds. My kid can put this thing on my truck if I would let her near it while I'm operating, but I don't.You guys are right about it tripping funny,though.I've had that thing standing on it's point, just like it's namesake, a big V!Boss has to be one of the toughest plows made. Good for a rookie like me to start out on.

7. SlimJim Z71

This lot I'm doing (www.motorwerks.com), it would be REALLY nice to have a V-plow. Maybe next year if I can afford it, as well as a bigger truck...

-Tim