V-TWIN backpack blower!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bunton Guy, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotcha attention ?? Why isnt there a v-twin 2-stroke blower ? IMO wouldnt it be the smoothest most powerfull blower? I can see it being 85+cc's

2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, you don't need the torque in a blower. All you need is momentum. . .

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

MY question is how big are they gonna get??? Every year someone introduces the next biggest and baddest backpack blower. Then for a year you get 500 posts on here, everytime anyone buys the "big one" they have to boast about how much more powerful it is. Then suddenly it's a wuss, there's something BIGGER yet out there and everyone has to have it cause smaller is junk...
    They are what, 80cc or so now? that's a lot oh power strapped to your back with nothing more than a piece of padding and plastic seperating the two, not to mention a half gallon of explosive fuel!
    If it wasn't for the EPA and all the noise restrictions placed on equipment I'd bet blowers could actually output a whole lot more air power than they are already. Larger impeller, tuned muffler, higher rpm's... may scream at 150 db, but double the output with the same size engine...

Next step... a jet engine bacpack blower! Blows and incenerates the leaves in one pass and no vehicle needed, just point DOWN and go UP!

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Why can't we just be happy with what we have???

5. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Heck, why not just strap a jet engine to your back and light the afterburner?????

6. jasonnau

jasonnau LawnSite Senior Member

I've had my stihl br340 for 3 years now. It sputters with the choke on on the second pull, and starts on the third with the choke off. Never changed the plug, and never done much of anything except change the air filter. Of course there are more powerfull blowers, but, I like this one.

7. chopsticks33

chopsticks33 LawnSite Member

heck i have a old stihl br320 and it works great (for me)

8. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

You should really change the plug.. i forgot to change mine for 2 years.. you wouln't beleive the difference in power.. try it..

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Too much tuning trouble, that's why.

It would be just like a Yamaha Banshee....
    All good until something gets a bit out of whack.

10. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

ya, not to mention more moving parts. you might as well just switch to 4 cycle on a blower and have a a larger cingle cylinder.