1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

V6 Powerstroke

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Boycea, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone seen our heard anything on the new ford powerstroke v6 engine. They just designed a new cab-over ford to compete with Isuzu NPR's and designed a new diesel v6. I also heard that they will be offering this optional engine in the SUV's and ford f150's
  2. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Hopefully it won't get fuel mileage like the 6.0.
  3. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I aint gonna be A first year buyer on :rolleyes: THAT ONE.LOL
  4. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

My 6.0 gets 16-20 depending on traffic.
  5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Yep I heard that same rumor about 5 yrs ago :help:
  6. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Yeah I am going to go w/ a "negative" on 20 mpg. No powerstroke on the planet has ever done that.
  7. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry you feel that way. Mine has, hand calculated, on the open road, @ 65mph. Lots of stop'n'go will give you your results.
  8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Well put a dp-tuner in it. (makes banks and bull dog look like a joke) watch the mpg go up. Between the tran shift points adjustments, more power, etc. I got a 7.3 diesel and its getting one shortly. 9mpg (its a dump truck) sucks. I should get 12 to 15 when I am done.

The 6.0 with a dp-tuner gets 20 to 24 mpg.

It all depends on how you drive. Drive it like a semi, not a race car. Makes all the difference.
  9. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Put a 5-9k load on it and see what it gets. They don't do well at all with moderate to large loads. Now, the VT365 is a good engine in international trim but when you dangle blue oval crap on it turns into a fuel consuming, surging pig. I really like their trucks especially the 7.3 DIT but I'm looking at other brands when I add another one next year. The Isuzu NPR is tried and true, this V6 better be one heck of an engine to compete with it.
  10. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

I am sorry but there is NO WAY a chip,programmer, or whatever you want to call it will give you 3-6 mpg. You can try and exaggerate your numbers to make you think that you spent your $500-700 purchase on better mpg, but I promise that you wont get much better mpg.If you want better mpg just drive it like your grandma driving to the local Piccadilly.