V8 Dakota MPG

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Mar 30, 2008.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Wondering what you guys with the V8 Dakotas are getting:confused:

2. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

My '03 4.7L is getting about 15 MPG around town and around 17 MPG on the highway. I've got a lead foot too.

3. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

My '02 4.7 is getting 11 city and 19 on the highway.

4. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

'01 4.7 10 TOWN 20 highway

5. MCLC

MCLC LawnSite Member
    from STL

11/14 when when pulling on 00' 4.7. Worst than my friends full size.

6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Aren't the dakoda's in the same class as the colorodo's, rangers, tacoma's? Why put a big v8 into them? Go half ton if you want a v8

7. haybaler

from ma

I had a F150 with a v6 and I would take the dakota over it any day. It's a very comfortable solid truck with power to spare.

8. Abes

Abes LawnSite Member
    from MN

My brother has a 99 with a 318 with the 5 speed. I would rather drive his truck anyday over mine it is really really fun to drive. granted it doesnt have the hauling or towing capacity of my truck but it is definately a nice truck.

9. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

The thing I have noticed with fuel prices and folks trading down to a smaller pickup (Dakota, S10, Ranger, Tacoma) is mileage isn't that far off of what I am getting with my full sized pickups. (3/4 Chevrolet and 1/2 ton Ford)

If you want to get ahead in the mileage game, look at the old Ford pickups with the inline 6 (good power and good mileage) or a Chevrolet with the 4.3 (another good power plant)

10. haybaler

from ma

the 4.3 is a good motor, but same milage as dakota in my blazer. ya, maybe you could get 20 mpg in a two wheel drive standard pickup