Vac attachment for Little Wonder

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by casey, Nov 11, 2001.

1. casey

casey Guest

Anyone know how well the vac attachment for the Little Wonder works? How long it takes to switch from blower to vac? How well it shreds?
    Thanks.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I was told two years ago that they stopped making this attachment. Too much damage was occuring to the impellars.

3. Doug Perrone

Doug Perrone LawnSite Member

i was looking to buy a little wonder for that reason and the salesman told me the new ons dont do that because they are made with a lighter impeller that cant hold up to doing stuff like that.

4. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have one of the little wonders with the leaf vacuum attachments. I used to use to vacuum attachments all the time until I got a 16hp truck mounted vacuum. The only time we use the attachments now is to blow large rock beds out with the loading tube. It is pretty slick. The attachments worked great though. You can make your own attachments if you have the old style Little Wonder.

5. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer also stated they had stopped making them a few years ago,, they said due to safty concerns with rocks launching out of the thing??? And I also heard it clogs up easily ??? Dont' know if this is totally true, but that s' what someone had told me..

6. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

Those blowers do suck rocks up through the suction tube. We always had the loading tube aimed into our trailer with sides and a tarp on top. Projectiles do come out at a high rate of speed!!!

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Are you guys all talking about the little handheld blower/vac???

I just received a pamphlet from them recently. It's selling at $249.
    It shows it having a metal impeller. I was thinking about getting one for little areas that collect leaves that aren't really worth blowing out.
    I wonder which is better, the Little Wonder or the Echo shred-n-vac? I think the Echo is slightly less expensive.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

They're talking about the large push blowers.

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I had a feeling they weren't talking about the handheld.
    But I had no idea that the wb blowers had such an attachment.:blush:

Oh well, I do now. Thanks.

10. casey

casey Guest

I have a chance to pick up a used one. Was going to use it to shred some leaf piles on lots without enough turf to mulch with mower. Was wondering how finely it shreds leaves, was planning on shooting compost directly into the gardens.