1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

vac on tail gate

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by i cut with ferris, Dec 3, 2011.

1. i cut with ferris

i cut with ferris LawnSite Member

ok so my vac is getting really heavy at the end of the day to lift off the gate. so i was wondering if anyone has made the tail gate on there dump swing side was so they can dump with the vac still on.

2. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i put mine on the front of my trailer and so far its worked pretty well

3. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Front of trailer With 3 HD locks!

4. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have barn doors? If so we mounted ours to one of the doors. So it swings with the door. If you have a normal gate get a swingaway kit. Good luck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

Do you have barn doors? If so we mounted ours to one of the doors. So it swings with the door. If you have a normal gate get a swingaway kit. Good luck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. i cut with ferris

who makes a swing away kit? we want to keep it on the the truck. it works fine now but it gets heavy at the end of the day. Just trying to make it easier to dump.

7. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

Giant vac or little wonder both make swing away kits. Good luck
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. i cut with ferris

o i know the swing away ones your talking about now. looking into them already but i cant tow the trailer with them so no good. i want to make the gate swing out to one side with the vac still on it. i was wondering if anyone has done this before?

9. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

All you need to do is weld a separate receiver on your pintle plate and you can do both.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. i cut with ferris

didn't think there was enough room to put the swing away with the trailer on. Did you do this? if so do you have any pics of it? thanks