vac on tail gate

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by i cut with ferris, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

If your talking about making it into a swing away but want to keep the hitch empty your going to be going custom. We made a 20hp giant vac into a swing away about 9 years ago we still use it. It's mounted to the box wall but instead of a wooden 2x4 we have a steel 2x4 with large pipes we use for hinges welded to it. Then we have a heavy piece of angle iron welded to the back that gives the vac a seat to sit on when not swinging away. Then its got a bolt that keeps it in place. If you feel you can make something like that go for it but if your not comfortable with having a large chunk of iron hanging off the back of your truck held by welds you made go find a pro and have him design and build something for ya.

2. i cut with ferris

i cut with ferris LawnSite Member

do you have any pics?

3. Kelly's Landscaping

4. i cut with ferris

i was thinking about making the gate do that.

5. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 11hp trac vac and i know what you mean about the end of the day lift off. Mine is the hitch mount but still has to be lifted off like yours.. Im currently welding in a piece of channel iron to the front of my trailer and mounting the vac there, just wanted to share, good luck

6. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device

7. i cut with ferris

hopefully by next fall i ll have something lol.

8. Kelly's Landscaping

I'm sure you will just think on it from time to time and when it comes time to build you should already have all the kinks worked out.