Vacaions?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by newjerseylandscaping, Jan 1, 2011.

?

Vactions?

1. SOLO operator Takes One

29.7%
  2. Solo doesnt take one

20.3%
  3. NOn solo takes one

14.1%
  4. Non solo does not take one

6.3%
  5. Takes during the winter.

43.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Do any of you guys take vacations during the summer? Id really like to hear from a mixture of solo and non solo operators. if solo who runs it for you? Thanks

2. newjerseylandscaping

Guys please exuse the spelling its late and ive been up since 330 yesturday. Thanks

3. ef200098

ef200098 LawnSite Member

Always take on every winter. Its important to get away for a week, but not when others are counting on you to be around.

4. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

I take a few every summer and just go for 2-3 days to get away along with a long one in the winter, maybe 2. It's just what you can afford.

5. newjerseylandscaping

Are you solo or non solo? Also how do you make up the work you missed?

6. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

No real winter in my state. It is understood by the people that I deal with that the week between Christmas and New Years is my time off.

7. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

Solo. In the past years most have been on a 10 day rotation so if you schedule you can do it with no problem. I do have a some weekly accounts but I schedule around them. That's what makes the wife mad.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  8. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought my family a camper back in December of 2008. That was the best money I have ever spent. We absolutely love it. We camped 7 or 8 times last year. I decided that working all the time and spending NO time with my family wasnt the way to go. We are going to try to camp at least 10 times this year. There nothing like watching my 6 y/o ride his bicycle non-stop around the campground while my wife is cooking dinner in her daisy dukes and bikini top and I'm sitting under the awning with the fire going drinking a cold one. Yep you guys can make all that money. I'm going camping. :usflag:

9. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

No summer vacation here but I do take a winter one.

I'm on vacation now for 2 weeks. I try to take off the last week of Dec. and first week of Jan.

Depending on the weather I may stretch it out to 2 1/2-3 weeks.

10. newjerseylandscaping

Thanks for the input.

As for Mike Belvins Sounds like a blast. I love camping myself however i still say nothing beats chillen on the beach all day.